Undergraduate Study in Sweden
- Posted By : Admin
Undergraduate Study in Sweden
Sweden is a Nordic Country in Scandinavia in the continent of Europe. Sweden has globally ranked universities. It is an immigrant friendly country. It is home to many startups and successful business ventures. The main cities are Stockholm, Gothenburg, Lund, Umea, Uppasala and many more.
The Top Universities of Sweden are:
- KTH-Royal Institute of Technology
- Lund University
- University of Gothenburg
- Uppasala University
- Stockholm University
- Chalmers University of Technology
A bachelor's degree takes three years to complete. There are a vast number of programs available to choose from. The average cost of studies is SEK85000/year depending on various factors.
The Popular Programs are:
- Business Management
- Fine Arts
- Life Science
To be eligible for bachelor's courses and programs taught in English, you must meet the general and specific entry requirements.
To Meet the General Entry Requirements for Bachelor's Studies, you must:
- have successfully completed your upper secondary (high school) education (post-16), and
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English. The entry requirement for bachelor's studies in Sweden is to have studied the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6. See English Language Requirements for more information.
- For students who received their final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional mathematics requirement. You must have successfully completed courses equal to the Swedish courses Mathematics 1a, 1b or 1c.
Specific Entry Requirements
Most courses and programs have specific entry requirements in addition to the general requirements. These are often linked to the area of study. For example, an economics course may require a higher level of upper-secondary school mathematics.
These specific requirements are outlined in the individual course and program descriptions found on the university's website. You can find a link to these description pages from both your search results and your application here at Universityadmissions.se.
The General Admission Documentation are:
- Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Essays if any
- Language Proficiency Tests
- Application of around SEK 900.
- Identification Documents
The Autumn intake starts in September which is the major intake . The application opens by October.
The Spring intake starts in January .The application opens by June .
The application is done through the official website (universityadmissions.se). A student applying to a bachelor's program can apply up to 8 programs in a single application.
Sweden Student Visa:
Students can apply for a Visa at the Swedish Migration Agency website or Swedish embassy. If a student is staying for more than 3 months a student will need a residence permit.
The Documents Required are:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of funds-
- payment of first instalment of tuition fee
- Offer letter from university
- Health Insurance
- Academic Records
Once the visa application is submitted, a interview is scheduled. The fee depends on exchange rate and age of applicant. The average cost is ar 13000 INR. The fee has to be paid by Masters card or Visa card online. The visa processing time is 90days.
Reasons for Visa Rejection:
- The reasons for denial of visa are:
- Insufficient funds
- Missing Documents
- Forged Documents
- Poor Communication Skills
- Unsatisfactory answers in the interview
- Inability to explain about country, university or course preference.
The universities grant scholarships based on academic records. It is important to apply early and highlight the positive aspects of application.
- Lund University Scholorships
- Scrintal Student Scholorships